1. The Yeshiva was founded by the late Rav Adin Steinsaltz, a Tzadik and one of the most important thinkers of our time.
2. It is a Zionist Yeshiva, Yeshivat Hesder, which means it combines advanced Talmudic studies with military service in the Israeli army.
3. The Yeshiva’s curriculum is broad and profound. It combines study of Talmud and Halacha with study of Chasidut as well as works by Rav Kook and Rav Steinsaltz. The Yeshiva also includes a 2nd level of Jewish education – Kollel Dayanut – that prepares Jewish Halachic Judges.
Rav Steinsaltz, zt”l, not only founded this Yeshiva but was also its primary fundraiser. For this purpose, he personally traveled around the world despite his advanced age and very frail health. Now, after Rav's passing, the Yeshiva highly depends on its own fundraising campaign. Only 60% of the Yeshiva’s budget are covered by tuition and the Israeli government, so in case you could donate only a very few dollars it's still very highly appreciated.
Attached are a few things:
1. Two files, each containing English or Hebrew text of a personal prayer that Rav Steinsaltz composed when he was about 20 years old. This text was recently discovered in Rav's personal archive by his family. By reading this prayer you will be able to see the aspirations of Rav Steinsaltz at such a young age and what kind of a giant he was.
2. A link to a youtube video of the fundraising campaign.
3. Link to the Yeshiva’s website where you can read about the Yeshiva and make a donation at any time.
4. Link to a website to make donations during the fundraising campaign, it'll remain open until tomorrow .
Thank you and may Hashem bless you and your families with health, strength, success, and financial means to support Yeshivot such as Yeshivat Tekoa.
Anna and Boris